
When I think of adventures, lately I've had several with a wonderful friend Molly. Our story begins back in the summer of 2007 and in the far away city of Saratov, Russia. Molly was there with her University on a study abroad program at Saratov State University. She's LDS and found the Elder missionaries the first day she was there! They eventually gave us sister missionaries her info and we got in touch with her. So then Molly was our buddy for the next month or so. She'd go to picnics with us, to English Club. We even got a church member who worked at the theater to give us a backstage tour of a ballet, Girl and Death. Then as fate would have it, Molly's group and mine went home at the same time. So Molly and I have kept in touch and remained good friends. This past summer, about the same time were together in Russia, Molly came to visit me here in Provo, Utah. We went to the amusement park Lagoon and explored thier cool Western village. We were even transported back in time, to the days when Molly and I were saloon girls...those were the days.
Guns, money and booze...and feathers, lots of feathers.Then we did another time warp, but this time to the 80's!
Note the vintage earrings. Not seen here is my side ponytail and our wicked awesome outfits. Lots of leggings. No Day-glow colors unfortunetly.
Then flash forward to October 2008. Molly drove down from Wyoming to attend General Conference. She got an extra ticket so I could go too! Here's us with the beautiful Tabernacle organ and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir getting ready to perform.

And of course there was a trip to the Mall, where we did our pattented kissy face/sexy/Zoolander pose. (I think it's a look we still need to perfect, just give us time).
So Molly, this blog goes out to you! I am so glad we met and have continued our friendship! I am looking forward to many adventures to come!

1 comment:
:) !
I love you, Kalia! You are a great friend and I love reminiscing about our adventures together!!!
You're right... we might need more practice to make a couple of those pictures foxier. But we still have many adventures yet to come and photos yet to take! :)
I'm so excited to hear updates tomorrow, btw.
Post a Comment