Who doesn't love Harry Potter? I do, so when the Harry Potter Exhibition came to the Museum of Science in Boston, I just had to go. And luckily Nathan likes Harry Potter too, so he wasn't opposed when I dragged him along with me.
Now, unfortunately the exhibition didn't allow photographs! Lame! So I'll do my best to describe every exhibit. Haha, just kidding. We started out with a "British" wizard allowing some children to be sorted by the Sorting Hat. She asked them which their favorite house was first...and they all ended up where they wanted! Imagine that. Nate said I'd be a Hufflepuff and that he'd be a Slytherin. It's true. He's not evil, but he's very science and power oriented, in a good way. He'd be a good Slytherin. And I'd be a sweet, kind, lowly Hufflepuff. :)
On display were costumes and props from the movies. They had that big portrait of Lockhart, remember? From the second movie, I think, when the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is all into himself? So they had his big portrait, and other things from his office. OH! One thing that was cool was Umbridge's office. Remember how she had all those plates with kittens on them and how it was all overly pink? They had all that.
There were a few interactive exhibits. You could pull mandrakes. The weird root-like creatures that had the piercing scream. Yeah, that was fun. You could also throw a quaffle...or some ball through a Quidditch hoop. There was a dragon egg forever "hatching" in Hagrid's hut...Oooh, and they had the big huge model of Aragog...and some centaurs in the forest, it was all dark and creepy.
Oh, another part that was really cool was this tall wall covered in the notices Umbridge keeps coming up with, remember? She kept making up new rules and then they'd get nailed up on the wall. They had all those up, and you could read 'em, that was neat. At one point they also had newspapers, I think from the 4th movie...where Sirius Black has escaped, and maybe some were from the most recent movie...but it was cool cuz you could read 'em, and they had articles everywhere in this hodgepodge of words and articles, it was really neat. The pictures didn't move though...
Something I was surprised about was that they had Cedric Diggory's Quidditch robes, and no one cared. Do we remember who played Cedric? Robert Pattinson, aka Edward of Twilight fame. I'd think that girls would be fawning over a costume that he wore. But no one cared, weird.
Those are the highlights. Overall it was fun, overpriced, but fun. Some people came dressed up. And of course it wouldn't be complete without a big overpriced gift shop at the end with all kinds of Hogwarts memorabilia.
1 comment:
Kalia! I'm glad that you are back in the states and enjoyin' Harry Potter. I never took part in the Harry Potter craze (books or movies)...so I had no idea what you were talking about! But I love you! :D
Post a Comment