I haven't been back to our local amusement park since I worked there...and that was in 2004? Crazy. They have made a lot of improvements and changes. The first major one was right when you walked in through the new, fabulous entrance. It looks very official and welcoming. And they could build it because they finally took out the swimming pool. I can only remember going in there once when I was 9 or so, when we visited for the summers.
Anyway, here are some pictures from the slightly rainy day at the park.
And as some of you know, Lukas, my brother is 16, but has been in Thailand the last year, so he hasn't taken Driver's Ed or gotten his license. So I have taken him driving in my car, cuz I can. So here's the kid in action:
Yup, I drive a 1910 little motor buggy. Just a tad bit bigger than a Thai tuk-tuk. :) Lukas got some great practice in, it was thrilling.
I took the Sky Tram ride thing, which has a beautiful view of the lake and the picnic area. They host huge companies and groups, and this picnic area was vast. It was kinda cool, this little army of tables.
On our way out, I could not pass up the opportunity to ride the carousel--and to make Lukas and his friend ride it too. Since it was rainy there were no lines, and everyone seemed to have left the park relatively early. So we didn't take any horses from little kids, or scare any for that matter. Lukas is in red, looking like he hopes the fun will never stop.
Then there's me, the instigator. I guess we were moving super fast, my camera couldn't keep up. We have the racecars of the carousels here in New Hampshire.
Lukas' friend pointed out the refection of the Ferris Wheel in the puddle in the parking lot on the way to the car. So we all took pictures. They look really cool. I like how it's clearer
in the puddle than the actual thing.
Overall, even though it was rainy, it was a nice day. Mainly because of the rain, hardly anyone was at the park, so there were no lines! I had to have some fried dough...what else? Oh, there was a Michael Jackson impersonator that was doing a tribute show. It was about 30 minutes. He looked a lot like Michael, sang ok, and danced really well. He had some backup dancers, so they were doing all the classic moves from the videos. It was really fun. Some of the people in the audience were really getting into it, like running up to touch his hand...uh...it's just some dude pretending to be MJ...it's not really him. And these people were grown! Like in their 50s! Kinda crazy...








3 comments:
Do you remember when Phil and I came out and went to the park in '01? We had a Fun time! Memories..... Rashel
I don't think I was with you guys that time...when you and Phil came out I think I was at Girls Camp most of the time or something, cuz you went to Boston and a bunch of other places...but I didn't go. I think I was elsewhere. :( But I'm glad you guys had fun!
Yes you were at camp but Lukas was a trooper going on rides with Phil.....
Rashel
Post a Comment