Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Upcoming Adventure



I am so excited for my trip to Costa Rica in August! My friend Molly and I are going down for two weeks to work at Aviarios Sloth Sanctuary. They have a really good, informative website here.

As volunteers, we'll be working with the sloths, but also with the site itself, maintaining the trails, and helping out with tours and such. We'll work from 6am until 3pm, and have the rest of the day to do whatever.

Some of you are probably thinking that's weird to go somewhere and pay to work. But it's part of the new eco-tourism thing that has been becoming more and more popular over the years. The price was really reasonable, so we'll get to see a foreign country, while doing something good and meaningful.


Molly is from Wyoming, so we'll meet in San Jose, Costa Rica and spend a few days there. Then we're getting a shuttle to take us the 4 or so hours southwest to the Carribbean coast where the sanctuary is located. I'm really looking forward to it!


Enjoy some slothy media:




Here's a cute video I found with baby sloths at the sanctuary.





1 comment:

Molly Cozzens said...

I'm so excited for the trip! I wonder if we get to cuddle the sloths a lot?