Friday, May 28, 2010

Boston

My aunt DeRae recently came all the way from Utah to visit me. We had a really nice visit. Unfortunately she came early in the season, so not many of the "attractions" were open yet. But luckily hanging out in Boston is always a good default activity. So we drove to Alewife station and rode the T into the city. We got out at Copley and waited for Nate on Copley Square. The square was really beautiful with a big bed of tulips. DeRae and I were at a bench with a great view of everyone getting their picture taken in front of the colorful flowers.

It was a nice, sunny day. I enjoyed a "homeless moment" while I stretched out on the bench.
 Here's the view I had. It was such a nice spring day.
So once Nate got there, we satisfied DeRae's need of seafood by eating at a nearby Legal Seafood. DeRae had a bucket-o-steamers--clams (yum), I had a Crab Roll, and Nate had something weird and "healthy". Oh, and I tried Bananas Foster for the first time. That was really yummy too.

After filling ourselves and saying goodbye to Nate, we headed over to the Duck Tours. I had never been on one and it seemed like a must-do Boston activity.  Every boat has a different name and each tour guide has their own character. Our guy was...something to do with puzzles...bringing people together...he had a weird hat and knee-high rainbow socks. He was very knowledgeable. It was a fun way to see the city. And of course, we ended up in the Charles River.
Here's DeRae looking out at the river. It was really neat to see the city from the river. I recommend Duck Tours to anyone in the area. It's fun, and you get to quack at the locals. Who could ask for more? Oh, one company had a piece of the Berlin Wall in front of it. Interesting.

It was a really good day in Boston. I saw parts of the city I hadn't really seen before. There's always more to see in Boston.

No comments: