Thursday, July 24, 2008

Uh-oh!

Because nothing can ever be as simple as you plan it, we have hit some snags in getting the car registered. We thought we would be able to get temporary plates for the car, so I wouldn't have to register it completely here in New Hampshire. But, I can't do that because the car has a Virginia title. So I'd have to "sell" the car to my mom, a New Hampshire resident. (Alas, I am a Utah resident--I get cheaper tuition). But getting a title in her name might take longer then we planned. I can get temporary plates, but from Virginia and only if I was a Virginia resident. But the Virginia resident who "sold" me the car, is Tina, my dad's wife, and they are on their way to Bangkok via Tokyo as we speak. So they can't be reached yet...Wow! Talk about crazy. We planned on leaving NH on Saturday morning, but it's looking like the trip is gonna get pushed back. I'll keep ya updated.

2 comments:

Kalia said...

Don't worry, my fortune cookie said, "You are the master of all situations". You better believe it.

Anonymous said...

good luck, safe travels