Sunday, June 28, 2009

Colorado Rocky Mountain High



Yeah, I was really high…elevation wise that is.

The drive from Utah to Castle Rock, Colorado where my friend Cassie lives was a steep one. I don't know exact elevation…but I was up there. I passed through some really pretty ski resort towns. All the condos looked kinda weird all surrounded by luscious green grass. It must be super crowded in the winter.

But I got to Castle Rock with no problems. My friend Cassie has a little boy Jacob who is 18 months and just starting to talk. His favorite word is aff, short for giraffe …but he replaces the f sounds with s's…yeah, it was pretty funny. Once he pointed at his mom and said it…hehe.

We had a nice visit. I spent 2 nights there and one full day. On that day, I utilized Mandie and Cassie's superior fashion skills and got a dress and a skirt. They're super cute! Thanks girls! The Elders came over for dinner on my second night there. Cassie made pizza--I helped. I squished the dough all over the pan…She had one regular pizza and one deep dish, Chicago style, which she baked in a dutch oven. It was really good. I loved it. Later that night we painted our toes. Jacob was studying us so intently that Mandie decided to paint his too. He now has metallic blue toes!


No comments: