Monday, June 29, 2009

We are the champions...or in the City of Champions...

I took over driving later at a rest stop in Ohio. I got to drive through the rest of the state, then got gas in West Virginia and finally made it to my friend's place. She and her husband live right outside of Pittsburgh. They have a cute little house in a really nice neighborhood. We hung out here with them once they got home from church. My friend Jon Harbuck and his wife also stopped by and visited with us also.

I didn't know Pittsburgh is now considered the city of champions. I guess they are cuz their football team won something big and so did their hockey team. Yeah, you can tell I don't follow any of this at all…but I'm glad Pittsburgers are happy about it.

Today we had a nice chill, relaxed morning. We finally were all ready for the day at about 11:30 or so. Our plan was to go check out some of the thrift stores. Alyona loves them and has found some really cute clothes and shoes at some of them. We decided to investigate for ourselves. At the first store Mandie and I found skirt and dress respectively. So we were happy. At the second store, we weren't really into buying anything else, so we had fun with some nice blazers…hello shoulder pads!



We took Alyona out to lunch at Boston Market (Mmmm, their cornbread is sooo good) and then have been chillin' at the house since then. Matt, Alyona's husband, suggested going mini-golfing tonight. We ended up at a nice, Christian mini golf place. They had nice Bible quotes all over.


Luckily none of us got too into the game, so we didn't have to take this scripture to heart.


Alas, I came in dead last. Mandie and Alyona tied for first. Matt was in a close second. He was our dilligent score keeper. It didn't rain, though you can see from the sky that it was gettin' close. But we had a good time. Matt and Alyona are serious golfers. I'm more of a point and go, with minimal thought and planning. Maybe that's why I came in last...'eh! We had a fun time.

2 comments:

Karalee said...

You totally have to get a picture with a Scranton sign! Love The Office!

Kalia said...

No stop in Scranton. There was a big traffic jam all through that area and it took way too long to get through. So after that huge long wait, I didn't want to stop and get us further behind. Oh well! I was in the area, it's pretty. I still love The Office.