They have all kinds of AWESOME fossils. Really cool, detailed ones. BIG ones too. They had some interesting cultural items from all over the world…
Sternburg, the dude the museum is named after, is really famous for this fossil specifically
Mandie, in Colorado 70 million years ago...yes, there's time travel in Kansas
Fun stencil-ey art projects...Mandie got a bit carried away
Mandie and I had fun looking around…we kinda got into it. The exhibit in the dome was cool.There was this big T-Rex, and Mandie and I were walking my, taking pictures, when all of a sudden Mandie's running ahead of me, startled. I was confused and looked up and the T-Rex had turned it's head and roared at us. We didn't know it was on a motion sensor thing. Mandie thought it was falling on her. :)
When we were done, I looked at my cell phone for the time, and it was 4:30. We got there close to 2…I was floored that we spent that much time there. But when got to the car, we realized that our cell phones had already gone ahead an hour…so we were only in there for an hour and a half, not 2 and a half. There was a lot to see…but not 2 and a half hours worth.
But after the museum we kept on driving. Our destination was St. Joseph, Missouri. It was about 45 minutes north of Kansas City. We spent the night in a crummy Motel 6 to rest up for our next big adventure!

No comments:
Post a Comment