I went to North Carolina for my friend's sealing to her husband and son. They've been married for a few years, but wanted to do the religous ceremony in the temple. I was so happy I was able to go and share in that special experience with them.
They got some fun family shots afterward. Aaron, Sir'Netia and Derek's son was kinda over all the picture taking.
This one of me and Sir'Netia didn't turn out great. She looks great, but I am in the middle of telling Derek how
the camera works...but it's proof that I was there.
I think this is my favorite one, Nina and her hands on her hips...ha, I love it.
A good one of the fam. Aaron looks just like his Momma.
So after the temple ceremony, we took way too long trying to find a nearby Sonic Drive Thru, had some lunch, and then were late to the reception. Oops. But their ward put on a really nice party. There was great food (the watermelon was amazing) and there was dancing! I went on the search for the restroom, and found this instead...is that the Southern way to spell Restroom? Ha j/k.
Now, Derek is a good dancer, he and his mom were burnin' it up, but Derek is no good at line dancing, and Sir'Netia loves it. We did a lot of line and country line dancing at Snow College. But Derek...bless him, doesn't have the coordination. I think this was him attempting...ha. I had a video, but I must've deleted
by accident. I bet Sir'Netia's grateful. ;)
The next day I went to church with them, and in the Relief Society room they had this cool piece of church history:So I had a great trip. I had a rental car and an awesome GPS which made it so easy. I felt so independent! The flight back was really beautiful. There was a lot of low cloud cover, so we flew through it, and then above it, I took a bunch of pictures. I loved the big fluffiness of the clouds, and it was around sunset, so the light hit the clouds just right. Here they are in all their collage glory:

3 comments:
How fun!!! Brings back loads of Snow College memories. That's awesome that you were able to be down there for that amazing experience, you're so cool ;)
ps. I loved the one with Sir'Netia hand's on her hips too!
Nice pics. I wish i could have been there. I would have burned up the dance floor.
lol, yeah Leah, you were 8 months pregnant, you would have been cutting up a rug. ;) Someday, we'll all be together and really burn it up on the dance floor, I can't wait!
Post a Comment